("Still wanna use those stupid-ass buzz words? Well, do ya punk?")
Here are the last 6 buzz words I think should be "disappeared" from the face of the earth in a not-so-gentle fashion (maybe Dirty Harry can help me out...):
7. Transparency: This is what politicians keep promising when they're running for office. "If I'm elected President I promise to bring greater transparency to the White House and Washington, D.C." Hmmm...the only things I find transparent are their lies, scams, and self-serving BS. Is it just me???
8. Win Win: "You can't go wrong...this is a win-win proposition!" Is there such a thing? I mean, I've won a few and lost a few along the way in mining, treasure hunting, and life in general but I can't recall one time when I was in a "win-win" situation. When I hear this one I just smile, nod my head in assent, and fight back the urge to wrap my fingers around the speaker's neck.
9. Renewable: Another "fav" (hey! that's a buzz word too!) of all the "greenies" out there, Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, should be a renewable resource...soiled underwear, empty Tic-Tac containers, false teeth, piles of doggie doo, VHS tapes, Porta Potties, Joan Baez records, garden gnomes, driver's licenses for illegals...you name it.
10. Leverage: As in "we need to leverage our assets." The clowns that use this buzz word all the time should be "leveraged" with a swift kick to the hind quarters so they'll REALLY understand the meaning of the term. After all, there's no better method of instruction for those who just need a boost ("leverage") to get their minds right.
11. Virtual: Everything's striving to be virtual these days...images, movies, video games, digital books...The idea is that one day we'll all live in some Eutopian virtual reality where all our wants and needs will met or transformed (digitized). But here's where all the social engineers and virtual reality experts miss the boat. We already have a virtual reality called life. Sure it's tough at times and things don't always end happily, but the sheer joy of life, love, and the pursuit of happiness will never be duplicated by think tanks or machines.
12. Empowerment: Wake up people!! It's all about empowerment. I empower you, you empower me, we empower each other, others get empowered, then they empower their friends and relatives who in turn empower others, those others empower themselves, then their children find empowerment and empower their friends at school, their teacher sees this and realizes her lessons on empowerment have taken hold after all, the school then develops an empowerment program that empowers the rest of the teachers, they in turn preach empowerment in their classrooms...see how it works? Yes? Well hell's bells...you've just been empowered!
Take care out there and the best of luck to you all.
If you liked this post, you may want to read: "Main U.S. Gold Deposit Types (Part 1)"
(c) Jim Rocha (J.R.) 2012
Questions? E-mail me at email@example.com